The Hase Pino tandem normally has the pilot at the back, but this one needed the pilot at the front, so I modified a stem:
And with underseat handlebars fitted and controls rerouted, it now has front steering. I also made a link to fix the rear bars in position.
People sometimes ask what my Brompton forks weigh, so here you go – first the normal Brompton forks:
Then my Brompton forks, with cast ends, cast crown, Columbus blades:
Apart from the paint, there’s nothing in it 😉
I really liked the colour combination of this one – a lovely bright blue Brompton with Rohloff hub and disc brakes.
I also filmed me folding it, to show how quick the folding is – identical to folding a normal Brompton:
This was a lovely handmade Soulcraft frame, which had an unfortunate high-speed incident with a bench – the rider also lost a couple of teeth, but he was probably more upset about the damage to his bike!
So I made a new headtube and downtube, and fillet brazed them in.
Repainted, and it’s as good as new!
An interesting, and quite difficult job this one – this frame was stripped and nickel plated to give a beautiful finish.
With red Rohloff hub gear and Hope hub at the front, and disc brakes.
A matching pair of Bromptons – custom paint, Rohloff hubs, SON lighting…
The advantage of stainless rear triangles is they can be left unpainted, just wire brushed.
This was an interesting project – a very modified Brompton:
The frame was repainted grey, and it got Rohloff hub and disc brakes, with a new design of integral rear carrier.
Lots of red anodised details, including a Hope headset.
These bikes were for a couple who wanted to upgrade their existing Bromptons with Rohloff hubs.
It’s possible to match Brompton frame colours so the new rear triangle I fit doesn’t look out of place.
I do a kit if you want to upgrade your bike yourself, or I’m very happy to do the fitting here.
Well, almost! This Brompton has a Sturmey Archer Duomatic rear hub which gives two gears and a brake with no cables – you backpedal a little bit to change gear, backpedal more to brake.
The front brake cable spoiled the look of the bike, so I ran it internally down through the stem.
Not a pretty sight – a lovely Rivendell-made Saluki frame with a big dent in the head tube. Fixed it with a special expanding tool inside the head tube and some careful hammering on the outside, now good as new without having to replace the tube.
With a new paint job, it looks gorgeous: