Bromptons are great – and from the factory they’re perfect for what they’re designed for, short journeys around the city. But the Brompton design is capable of a lot more, with some modifications it can become the ultimate folding bike! Think of it like what Cooper did for the Mini – taking a very good bike, and improving it a bit 😉
I make a bunch of kits that can be bolted on to your existing Brompton to improve the gearing and brakes, or I can custom-build you a Brompton from scratch.
- 14-speed Rohloff hub gear kit – The Rohloff is the ultimate gearing system, a very wide range and incredible reliability and efficiency.
- 8- and 11-speed Alfine hub gear kits – The Alfine hubs are good quality hubs which can also have a disc brake.
- Custom Brompton Order Form – Build up your dream Brompton!
- 8-speed Sturmey Archer hub gear kit – The Sturmey has a decent range, but the big advantage it it fits unmodified Brompton frames.
- Duomatic kit – A simple, minimalist kit that fits to unmodified Brompton frames to give two gears and a back-pedal brake.
- Disc Brake Kits – For much,much more powerful braking, and no more worn out rims.
- Electric Assist Kits for a bit of help with hills and headwinds.
- Front Pannier Racks – To carry normal panniers on the Brompton front luggage block.
- Custom Forks & Rear Frames – To do it yourself!